The importance of pediatric eye care | Preferred business program

ByMartha R. Camara

Aug 22, 2022

The importance of children’s eye care remains high, said Dr. Jeff Lynch of Associated Eye Care.

Lynch said the importance of frequent checkups for children is important to maintaining proper eye care.

“All kids should screen, usually at school,” Lynch said. “If something on the screen is reported, they should see an eye doctor.”

Lynch is a pediatric doctor who works with anyone under the age of 18. He occasionally works with adults, but most of his work involves eye care for children,

“90% of the time I work with pediatricians, but the other 10% I work with adults,” he said.

Lynch said common things to look for during exams are lazy eyes and misalignments. He said the majority of his surgeries correct misalignments.

Lynch’s other duties include measuring glasses for children. Its three main tasks include routine, medical and surgical eye care for children.

Lynch said parents of children should be aware of family eye care histories. He added that parents should not neglect their children’s health checks.

“If we catch something early, it’s less likely to be harmful later in adolescence,” he said.

Having proper eye care allows children to enjoy activities such as playing sports, Lynch said. It also reduces the risk of having other developmental vision problems.

Associated Eye Care is part of Star Observer’s Preferred Business Sponsor program.